Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings......




Someone mentioned a quote from Maya Angelou's Book "I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings" and it made me remember watching the movie on television. It took me a while to actually get the meaning of the title but once I did it made me both sad and happy at the same time! It's actually a very provocative thought when you think about it - at least it is for me!

No matter what one's situation is there just maybe something that one can smile and sing about!

I think about my own situation and realize that there are those that are far more worse off than me. There are many people having more financial difficulty than me, people who don't have food to eat or who don't have any (or enough) money to even pay for food.............

Tiger Woods is in the news about the transgressions that he has admitted to and all I could think of is that there are far more worse problems in the news today and going on in peoples' lives!

It's a windy and rainy night and here I am in my nice warm house and I just ate some dinner. I'll be going to the grocery store tomorrow to buy some more food that I will be able to pay for.

I am very grateful that my childhood was not as traumatic as Maya Angelou's was and the fact that she could rise above the things that have happened to her in her early years just makes me appreciate my life that much more!

No comments: