Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I Don't Regret Being A CareGiver To My Mother.

Two years ago my mother passed away - even though it seems like it hasn't been that long!

My mother became very ill during the last few years of her life! Sometimes I wonder how we were able to make it day by day but I believe that God was there all the time!

For a time while my mother was sick, I worked outside the home at my local supermarket. But I got fired - they told me it was because I was too slow. I was so angry about this! But as time went on I realized that it was their loss and not mine!

Of course this didn't answer the question about how the financial problems were going to be solved though. I had had it with working for someone else so I decided to make a go of it by working at home. This was a blessing in more ways than one because it meant that I could keep an eye on my mother while still continuing to work.

While I did not make a lot of money, I did managed to make some money and that just felt so good! It also showed me that it was possible to be able to work from home!

My mother and I got by the best way that we could and we even managed to throw in some humor from some of it!

My mother is in a better place right now and since she hasn't haunted me I hope that means that she thinks that I am doing okay!

It's not easy being a caregiver - especially when its a loved one that's involved - but I don't regret doing it! It made my mother and I become quite close!

No comments: