Monday, September 8, 2008

"Work At Home" Scams!

I realize that there are a lot of people who would love to be able to work from home!

And to be quite honest there are quite a number of people that do work from home - legitimately and successfully!

It is not impossible to be able to work from home! I do it and so do a lot of other people but I really have to warn you about all these work at home scams. There are a lot of them out there and they look very attractive and enticing! One of the best things that I can recommend is that you first check with the Better Business Bureau before you decide to work with any of these companies!

How do people work at home then? Like me for instance I have Adsense ads here on this blog and they are earning me some money! I have also done websites for other people and I have done some consulting as well! While I am not an Adsense millionaire yet, I plan to be one and it is part of my mission statement!

The name of this blog is "Doing What I Love" and since one of the things that I love to do is to work on my computer, the fact that I have made some money while working on my computer proves to me that this is something that can be done!

While I am not debt-free yet and sometimes have gone without food!.........I don't want to dwell on the negative! The fact that I have actually earned money while working on my computer is positive news enough!

However this post is about "Working At Home" scams - that is what I originally wanted to talk about! I know that they may seem attractive but like I posted above check with the BBB first before you send any money to any of these places!

So how can you work at home? Take something that you love to do and turn that into a business! Even Donald Trump has said this!

Like I said before one of the things that I love to do is working on my computer! I have successfully managed to get actual paying clients - something that I'm proud of (and actually shocked by!) - mostly by designing websites for them. What a thrill to actually be able to be self-employed! Now I am working on my mission statement - that you can see on the side of this blog!

I know it may be hard for you to believe that you could take something that you love and be able to turn it into a business but you would be surprised at the number of people who have done this! I recommend that you read this blog, Working From Home, that has a lot of interesting blog posts about being able to work from home!

For me it's back to work.....................................


No comments: